EFFECTIVE: January 1, 2020
Who we are
We hope this information increases your confidence in Multi Threaded and enhances your experience with us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Third parties may be placing and reading cookies on End Users’ browsers, or using web beacons or similar technologies to collect information in connection with the Google Customer Reviews program.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card number and expiration date), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” Google may receive information about transactions conducted on shopmultithreaded.com in connection with the Google Customer Reviews program.
We also collect information when you voluntarily submit information to us (“User-Submitted Information”). Our primary purpose in collecting User-Submitted Information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose. We may collect the following User-Submitted Information:
- In order to better tailor our services to you, we may ask for certain personal characteristics, such as your shirt size. This information is not mandatory and you may choose not to provide such information.
- We might collect your email address if you sign-up to receive our newsletter. You can control your email preferences or unsubscribe on your account page.
- If you order a gift card, we may require that you provide the recipient’s name, shipping address and email address. We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders.
- We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests on our Site. If you choose to participate in a survey or contest, we will collect certain Personal Information from you, which typically includes contact information (such as name, email address and shipping address) and demographic information.
- When you reach out to our Help Team, including by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may provide Personal Information. This information is collected and used solely for purposes of handling your claim or request and manage our customer service efficiently.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Purpose of Processing
We collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- To communicate with you, including via email, text message, push notification and/or telephone calls.
- To operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and we use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
- To market to you, including through email, direct mail, phone or text message.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver custom content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site or third-party websites.
- To recognize you and remember your information when you return to our Site or Services.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To protect Multi Threaded’s rights.
- To evaluate, negotiate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Multi Threaded or Multi Threaded’s parent company Megabyte Beauty LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Multi Threaded or Megabyte Beauty, LLC about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction.
- We also use this information to contact you about the products and Services on our Site in which you have expressed interest and otherwise to communicate with you about Multi Threaded and our marketing partners, including special offers and updates, messages about the Services and Your Account
Who we share your data with
Multi Threaded may share Personal Information with third parties for business purposes or as required by law.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://woocommerce.com/privacy%20policy/. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Third Party Advertisers: Multi Threaded uses third party advertising companies to help us further enhance our users’ experience and to better tailor our content to our individual customers. Third party advertising companies may collect Personal Information during your visits to this Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information.
- Law enforcement and third parties pursuant to legal request: Multi Threaded may from time to time disclose Personal Information as it deems reasonably necessary to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, in the United States and in other jurisdictions.
- Others: We may also disclose Personal Information to third parties in the context of a corporate transaction, as reasonably necessary to evaluate, negotiate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Megabyte Beauty, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Multi Threaded or Megabyte Beauty, LLC about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction.
“Do Not Track” or “Opt-out” options
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Our Site is not at this time configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings, which vary by browser provider, because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
In lieu of a browser-based opt-out solution, you can utilize the Network Advertising Initiative approved methods for placement of “opt-out” cookies and learn more about how targeted advertising works, by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Our Site and those of our third-party advertisers or other vendors are configured to read and honor these opt-out cookies, so long as they are present on your computer. Note that if you delete all cookies, you will need to reset your opt-out cookies for them to be read and honored.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
However, please be aware that we do not control these opt-out processes.
No sale of Personal Information
Neither Multi Threaded nor Megabyte Beauty, LLC sells your Personal Information and will not sell personal information unless we provide you proper notice and, if appropriate, we obtain explicit consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Order Information is also sent to our warehouse fulfillment partner solely for the purpose of fulfilling your order as requested.
How we protect your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Multi Threaded uses reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration and destruction of Personal Information under our control, both during the transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption.
Our Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) protection for all financial transactions conducted through our Site, our App and our Mobile Site. We also take several steps to protect the physical storage of your personal information in our facilities, including the storage of servers in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third-parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of Personal Information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. To minimize the risk to you, we keep Personal Information no longer than necessary for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
As part of securing Personal Information stored on our servers, we restrict access to Personal Information to Multi Threaded and Megabyte Beauty, LLC employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Services. These individuals are bound by strict confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a security systems breach occurs and Personal Information is compromised, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.ShopMultiThreaded.com) or elsewhere on the Site and take any other appropriate step. If your Personal Information is impacted, we may contact you individually, in compliance with applicable laws.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Multi Threaded and the Site are not directed toward individuals under the age of thirteen (13) We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Site, we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has registered on the Site or you believe has otherwise provided Personal Information to Multi Threaded, please contact Multi Threaded at email@example.com to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
Please make sure to check the Site frequently for updates.